The Basics of Making an Offer
When searching for your dream home, you were just that – a dreamer. Now that you’re writing an offer, you need to be a businessperson. You need to approach this process with a cool head and a realistic perspective o your market. The three basic components of an offer are price, terms, and contingencies (or “conditions” in Canada).
Price – the right price to offer must fairly reflect the true market value o the home you want to buy. Your agent’s market research will guide this decision.
Terms – the other financial and timing factors that will be included in the offer.
Terms fall under six basic categories in a real estate offer:
- Schedule – a schedule of events that has to happen before closing.
- Conveyances – the items that stay with the house when the sellers leave.
- Commission – the real estate commission or fee, for both the agent who works with the seller and the agents who works with the buyer.
- Closing costs – it’s standard for buyers to pay their closing costs, but if you want to roll the costs into the loan, you need to write that into the contract.
- Home warranty – this covers repairs or replacement of appliances and major systems. You may ask the seller to pay for this.
- Earnest money – this protects the sellers from the possibility of your unexpectedly pulling of the deal and makes a statement about the seriousness of your offer.
Homes for sale in Dacula Georgia
DID YOU KNOW???
When working with BUYERS, my fee is paid by the seller. Don’t buy a house without a realtor that will represent you and work on YOUR BEHALF.
Allow me to help you and your family find:
- the right house
- with the right features
- for the right price!
If you’re looking for homes for sale in Dacula GA? Contact the Scott Lacy Realty team today!